OWA Parks & Resort in Foley, Alabama kicked off the season with the opening of a huge expansion to tropical-themed water park Tropic Falls, a project that has been over three years in the making.
OWA Parks & Resort is owned and operated by the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. Named after the Creek word for ‘big water’, OWA is a 520-acre theme park featuring rides, a food and entertainment district, water attractions and resort.
At the centre of OWA is Tropic Falls, which includes a 23-ride theme park and the region’s largest indoor water park.
Phase one of OWA’s Tropic Falls opened in summer 2022. The latest opening features all kinds of new attractions, including:
- Big Water Bay, a 30,000 sq ft wave pool
- Coastal Curl, a surf simulator
- Stage area featuring 48′ LED screen for movies & live performances
- Breakers Bar & Grill, a tropical-inspired dining and drinks venue
- Expansive beach area with seating, cabana rentals and lockers
The addition of Big Water Bay and Coastal Curl, along with its 100,000 sq. ft. adjacent indoor water park, makes Tropic Falls the largest water-themed attraction of its kind on the Gulf Coast.